WPIAL to Hold Annual Sportsmanship Summit on Nov. 17
Friday, November 12, 2021
Pittsburgh, Pa. – The Western Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic League (WPIAL) is set to host its 12th annual Summit on Sportsmanship, presented by First National Bank and the WPIAL Sportsmanship Committee, at the Senator John Heinz History Center and Western Pennsylvania Sports Museum next Wednesday, Nov. 17 from 9:30 a.m. to noon.
Schools will be able to attend the event in person and virtually, as Trib Total Media will stream the summit live on its website. Keynote speakers will discuss topics related to the importance of sportsmanship in athletics, and the league will recognize the winners of the 2020-21 WPIAL Sportsmanship Award and the 2021 WPIAL Community Food Drive.
Attendees will also hear from the WPIAL Diversity & Inclusion Advisory Council, as well as tour the Western Pennsylvania Sports Museum. Students are encouraged to identify “Game Changers” during their tour and share them on social media by tagging the WPIAL at @WPIAL7 on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Featured speakers include the following:
- Brett Keisel, former Pittsburgh Steelers defensive lineman (2002-14)
- Lisa Scales, President & Chief Executive Officer for Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
- Jennifer Bertetto, President & Chief Executive Officer for Pittsburgh-Tribune Review
- Brady Smith, Director of Marketing & Communications for Heinz History Center
- Orlando Fulgenzio, Vice President for First National Bank
- Amy Scheuneman, Executive Director for the WPIAL
- Members of the WPIAL Diversity & Inclusion Advisory Council
Media members interested in covering the event can do so by contacting WPIAL communication specialist Ethan Woy (email@example.com).