Varsity Girls Assistant Basketball Coach
Friday, October 1, 2021
Position is responsible for assisting the head coach with organizing the Basketball program at the Mars Area school District. Position assists with conducting practices, motivating students, and instructing student athletes in game strategies and techniques.
1. Assists the Head Basketball coach with instructing players in the rules, regulations,
equipment, and techniques of the sport.
2. Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by
the head Basketball coach.
3. Assesses player’s skills, monitors players during competition and practice, and keeps the
head Basketball coach informed of the athletic performance of students.
4. Assists with determining game strategy.
5. Assists the head Basketball coach with supervising athletes during practices and competition.
6. Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
7. Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials,
8. Maintains the equipment room in orderly condition and assumes responsibility for its
9. Distributes equipment, supplies, and uniforms to students as directed by the head coach.
1. Attends staff development meetings, clinics and other professional activities to improve
2. Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Head Basketball Coach, Athletic Director & Principal or other appropriate administrator.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
Lead teachers and employees contracted with NNPS in a non-exempt position are not permitted to coach any sport. Some experience as an assistant Basketball coach at the high school or college level preferred. Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills. Must possess some knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport. Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.
Mars High School
Mars High School
To Contact or Apply
Contact Scott Heinauer Heinauer@hotmail.com or call the Mars Athletic Department 724-625-9380