2023 WPIAL Boys’ Tennis Tournament Central
Monday, March 27, 2023
|WPIAL Boys’ Tennis Homepage||#WPIAL||Championship Store|
|WPIAL Twitter||WPIAL Instagram||WPIAL Facebook|
|3A Singles Results||3A Doubles Results||3A Team Bracket|
|2A Singles Results||2A Doubles Results||2A Team Bracket|
The 2023 WPIAL/UPMC Sports Medicine Boys’ Tennis Championships will take place on April 11-12 (singles), April 25-26 (doubles), and May 1-10 (team). Student-athletes qualify for the WPIAL singles and doubles tournaments by finishing inside the top three (2A) or top four (3A) of their respective section tournaments, and teams qualify for the WPIAL team tournament by finishing in the top three (2A) or top four (3A) of their respective sections following the regular season.
Each classification champion and additional student-athletes and teams qualify for the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association (PIAA) Boys’ Tennis Championships. The amount of designated PIAA qualifier spots can be found on each bracket.
The brackets in the table above will be updated as results are reported to the WPIAL office. Information for the 2023 WPIAL/UPMC Sports Medicine Boys’ Tennis Championships can be found below.
WPIAL 2A/3A Singles Championships: April 10-11 at Bethel Park High School
– 3A First Round through Semifinals at North Allegheny High School
WPIAL 2A/3A Doubles Championships: April 25-26 at Bethel Park High School
– 2A First Round through Semifinals at North Allegheny High School
WPIAL 2A/3A Team Championships: May 10 at Janet L. Swanson Tennis Center (Washington & Jefferson College)
– First Round through Quarterfinals at home sites, Semifinals at neutral sites
Directions to the Janet L. Swanson Tennis Center: From Interstate 70 East, take the Beau Street exit (Exit 20). Follow signs toward Washington & Jefferson College. Follow straight through first stop light and turn right onto South Lincoln Street. Make a right onto East Chestnut Street and an immediate left onto Forest Avenue. The tennis center will sit on your right.
– GPS Location: 150 Forest Avenue, Washington, PA 15301
|3A Section Singles (March 28-29)||Section 1 | Section 2 | Section 3 | Section 4|
|3A Section Doubles (April 18-19)||Section 1 | Section 2 | Section 3 | Section 4|
|2A Section Singles (March 28-29)||Section 1 | Section 2 | Section 3 | Section 4 | Section 5|
|2A Section Doubles (April 18-19)||Section 1 | Section 2 | Section 3 | Section 4 | Section 5|
|Section Tournament Sites
|Section 1-3A||Section 2-3A||Section 3-3A||Section 4-3A|
|Franklin Regional HS||North Allegheny HS||Fox Chapel HS||Bethel Park HS|
|Section 1-2A||Section 2-2A||Section 3-2A||Section 4-2A||Section 5-2A|
|Valley HS||Thomas Jefferson HS||Hampton Community Park||Beaver HS||Nichols Courts
(@ Sewickley Acad.)
- 3A Singles: Jake Patterson (South Fayette) def. Trey Davidson (North Allegheny), 6-1, 6-0.
- 3A Doubles: David Mnuskin / Sam Bitzer (Shady Side Academy) def. Prerit Yadav / Dhruv Kulkarni (Franklin Regional), 6-3, 6-3.
- 3A Team: Fox Chapel def. Shady Side Academy, 5-0.
- 2A Singles: Nicolas Scheller (North Catholic) def. Mike Sirianni (Quaker Valley), 6-0, 6-0.
- 2A Doubles: Brody Golla / Alex Garvey (North Catholic) def. Tim Lakatos / Alex Duing (South Park), 7-6(3), 6-3.
- 2A Team: Quaker Valley def. North Catholic, 3-2.