2022 WPIAL Girls’ Tennis Tournament Central
Friday, September 9, 2022
|WPIAL Girls’ Tennis Homepage||#WPIAL||Championship Store (OPEN 10/6)|
|WPIAL Twitter||WPIAL Instagram||WPIAL Facebook|
|3A Singles Final Results||3A Doubles Bracket||3A Team Bracket|
|2A Singles Final Results||2A Doubles Bracket||2A Team Bracket|
The 2022 WPIAL Girls’ Tennis Championships will take place on September 21-22 (singles), October 6-7 (doubles), and October 10-19 (team). Student-athletes qualify for the WPIAL singles and doubles tournaments by finishing inside the top four of their respective section tournaments, and teams qualify for the WPIAL team tournament by finishing in the top three (2A) or top four (3A) of their respective sections following the regular season.
Each classification champion and additional student-athletes and teams qualify for the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association (PIAA) Girls’ Tennis Championships. The amount of designated PIAA qualifier spots can be found on each bracket.
The brackets in the table above will be updated as results are reported to the WPIAL office. Information for the 2022 WPIAL Girls’ Tennis Championships can be found below.
WPIAL 2A/3A Singles Championships: September 21-22 at Bethel Park High School
– 3A First Round through Semifinals at North Allegheny High School
WPIAL 2A/3A Doubles Championships: October 6-7 at Bethel Park High School
– 2A First Round through Semifinals at North Allegheny High School
WPIAL 2A/3A Team Championships: October 19 at Janet L. Swanson Tennis Center (Washington & Jefferson College)
– First Round through Quarterfinals at home sites, Semifinals at neutral sites
Directions to the Janet L. Swanson Tennis Center: From Interstate 70 East, take the Beau Street exit (Exit 20). Follow signs toward Washington & Jefferson College. Follow straight through first stop light and turn right onto South Lincoln Street. Make a right onto East Chestnut Street and an immediate left onto Forest Avenue. The tennis center will sit on your right.
– GPS Location: 150 Forest Avenue, Washington, PA 15301
|3A Section Singles (Sept. 14-15)||Section 1 | Section 2 | Section 3 | Section 4|
|3A Section Doubles (Sept. 28-29)||Section 1 | Section 2 | Section 3 | Section 4|
|2A Section Singles (Sept. 14-15)||Section 1 | Section 2 | Section 3 | Section 4 | Section 5|
|2A Section Doubles (Sept. 28-29)||Section 1 | Section 2 | Section 3 | Section 4 | Section 5|
|Section Tournament Sites
|Section 1-3A||Section 2-3A||Section 3-3A||Section 4-3A|
|Franklin Regional HS||North Allegheny HS||Fox Chapel HS||Bethel Park HS|
|Section 1-2A||Section 2-2A||Section 3-2A||Section 4-2A||Section 5-2A|
|Valley HS||Washington Park||Hampton Community Park||Blackhawk HS||Nichols Courts
(@ Sewickley Acad.)
- 3A Singles: Mia Gorman (Bethel Park) def. Kat Wang (Peters Township), 6-1, 6-2.
- 3A Doubles: Jenna Bell / Carolina Walters (Greater Latrobe) def. Elana Sobol / Rachel Nath (Shady Side Academy), 6-3, 6-3.
- 3A Team: Upper St. Clair def. Greater Latrobe, 4-1.
- 2A Singles: Ashley Close (Sewickley Academy) def. Ally Bauer (Knoch), 6-3, 6-3.
- 2A Doubles: Emily Greb / Lindsey Greb (Knoch) def. Kirsten Close / Roshni Thakkar (Sewickley Academy), 6-4, 6-3.
- 2A Team: Sewickley Academy def. Knoch, 4-1.